Saturday, May 23, 2009

Observations from the pasture . . .

Howdy everyone,
Well I made it make to Minnesota from Texas..... whew what a long drive that was. It is so much
fun to get a chance to see all my old friends though. Frosty is doing great, he told me that it
was a rough winter this year and he wishes that the owner would take him to Texas next winter.
Doodlebug and Bubbles havn't changed either, except I was so surprised to see that they were
still shedding their winter "hair". Cee Cee sure has grown !! Wow what a cute "mare" she turned out to be...... ( if I was a few years younger I think I would ask her out)
I also noticed that the owner got a few new chicks herself. I counted 5 fluffy little beauty's
the other day. Yesterday I was quietly munching grass, and I saw Butter's and Paris having
the time of their lives chasing these small birds all over the barn and outside. Oh boy.......
troubles brew'n. I saw the owner come running to the rescue. Both Butter's and Paris got
a huge scolding for being so naughty.
Of course the dogs just thought that chasing the chicks was the best "playtime " game ever.
When it comes to pony/horse fun, we like to find the weakest link in the fence and then
charge through it and run everywhere. Our favorite place is to head next door into the
hay field. The owner gets so mad though when we do this........ but I understand why.
The field is next to a very busy road and lots of traffic. If anyone of us really wanted to take
off and run across the street to the neighbors we could possibly get hit by a oncomming car.
I know that when our "herd" instinct kicks in we dont really care if there is a car comming
we just want to RUN!!!
Time to hit the hay
Till next time
Copper

No comments: