Sunday, June 21, 2009

Its Finally Summer!!!

Howdy gang,
Well its been awhile since I last checked in, but non the less its finally summer!! Yep, along with
those nice warm or hot muggy days comes those nasty, pesky, biting flies ..... and boy are they
annoying. I am so glad for a long tail, so that I can swish it back and forth to slap those little
nasty bugs. Sometimes though no matter how hard I try I just cant seem to get them off. They
love to bite my legs, under my tummy, and around me ears. Lucky for me and the rest of
the herd we get sprayed with "fly spray" by the owner. Not really sure whats in the stuff but
it really seems to help.
The grass in the pastures is finally starting to grow again! Its been so darn dry that we have chewed the grass down almost to nothing. All that is left is weeds that we dont like and dirt ....
so we have been eating hay again. After a long winter of the dry stuff it really is a treat to eat
fresh green grass. However sometimes it can be such a change to our diet we can get a belly
ache or something called "colic". This week Lucy got a tummy ache and wouldnt get up,
started to roll around cause her tummy hurt really bad. Just in case you dont know what can
happend when we roll around cause our tummy hurts, I will tell you. Our stomachs have ALOT
on intestines. If we start rolling around alot, our intestines can get " twisted" therefore we
can get them so twisted that we can die. Not a pretty picture!
Luckily the owner saw her and rushed to get her up, and gave her some medicine to relax
her tummy ache. It took about a hour of walking Lucy around and around so that she would
not lay back down, and the medicine to start to work. Lucy felt so much better.
Hay........ everyone is neighing to me ........ gotta gallop off
till next time
Copper

No comments: