Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"" Packing to come back to Minnesota"

Howdy Ya'll !!
Well I havnt been very good about keeping everyone updated lately about whats happ'n
around here, but I decided to take a minute from graz'n and catch up and fill you in. In a few
short weeks I will make the long trip back up to Minnesota along with my friends Kiwi and
Mango ( Kiwi's) new foal) Sparkplug, and Barcardi. I have to tell you, ever since Lea Ann left
(the owner of Down on the Farm Inc.) Barcardi has been giving Jessie (Lea Ann's daughter) a
royal headache ........
Boy that mare is one smart horse!! ( or doesnt seem to mind getting zapped!!) She has'nt
really shared her thoughts with me on this one, but she goes were ever she feels like it even
if there is a electric fence to try to keep us in the pasture. Now personally I totally respect it ....
cause nothing hurts worse than getting zapped from a bolt of electricty when you press
your luck and touch the fence. The jolt doesnt last long .... just a few seconds but it really get's
my attention!!! I prefer to graze peacefully and stay in the bounderies that the fence has.
Needless to say, Barcardi just does not care!!! I can see Jessie getting so mad and frustrated
as she tries a different idea everyday to see what will work to keep this mare in the pasture!!
First she tried to put Barcardi in a stall, well that didnt last long, Barcardi tried to jump over
the top and managed to get her legs all caught up on the poles of the stall. I saunter over to
have a look and there she is ....... on leg hang'n over the top and stuck. I nickered and
told her if she would just behave and stand still and enjoy her own personal "bedroom"
she wouldnt be in this predicament. Lucky for her she wasnt hurt, but she told me she
was very uncomfortable...... hmmmmmmmm ( ya think?)
Not long after, Jessie discovered her, and helped her get her leg untangled. Not a easy task
that is for sure. I could tell Jessie was really upset, and worried Barcardi hurt herself, but
Barcadi was fine and of course thrilled for the help to get untangled.
Jess then decides to make a smaller pen with 3 wires of electric fence and brings plenty of
hay and water just for Barcadi, thinking that will keep her happy and in the pen ........
NOPE, I could'nt believe my eyes!!!! She sticks her neck between the wires and makes a
made dash and out she goes!!!
I have to tell you ...... I think Barcardi is rather stupid!!! If I had my own personal space with
all the hay to myself, all the water and grain ....... hmmmmm it's a no brainer for me.
By now Jessie is about to pull her hair out . . .
Barcardi has shared with me that she loves eating the bark off Lea Ann's tree's in her yard,
so that is maybe why she keeps wanting to get out and into her yard. I overhead Lea Ann
telling Jessie when she left not to let any horses in the front yard because they eat the trees
and it will kill them ...... Jess is trying her hardest to keep everyone out of the yard, but
Barcardi just does not care!!!
Boy wait till she gets in the pasture back in Minnesota!!
I dont know if any of you remember a horse named "Teddy" but he behaved the same way.
Although he respected the " electric fence" Back in Minnesota there are 3 different pastures
that we are put in. The normal one ( for all us good ponies and horses that stay in)
the "naughty pen" for the ones that know how to sneak out the regular pasture .... (he-he)
(the neighbors grass is so much tastier!) and then the "Penitentery"(sp) which consists of all
around electric fences. Well to get back on the subject ... "Teddy" was one of the horses that
learned how to get out all the time. He was very, very smart about it though ..... he would
walk the fencline and step on the cattle panel bottom and slowly and surly bend it little by
little so that in a few hours he could jump over the top !! Guess what? He ended up
spending all his pasture time in the "pen" so to speak. After a few years of this behavior,
Lea Ann got so tired of trying to keep him in, and he wrecked so many fences that she
gave him to a new owner.
S0 I better warn Barcardi that if she doesnt straighten up an behave she will probably
be hauled back to the auction barn, and she may really get a rotton owner who will not treat
her as nice as she has it at Down on the Farm Inc.
As for now, I think Jessie is just counting the days before she brings her back to Minnesota ...
then it will become Lea Ann's problem!
I am going to miss Texas .... but I cant wait to see Frosty, Doodlebug, Bubbles and the whole
gang!! Although I will miss my new girlfriend Addie ( she is going to stay in Texas and
work while I am gone) but I can still hangout with my old girlfriend Ms. Daisy, so I wont
be to sad .......
I'm such a stud ... (lol) I got girlfriends in both states!! Not to bad for a old geezer huh!
Time to head over the the water tank for a drink .....
See ya soon....
Copper

P.S Rumor has it that "Paris" Lea Ann's chihauha has 2 new babies!! Cant wait to see them
when I get back!~ Perhaps I can convice her to put some pics on the next blog!

No comments: